…And then there were four

Technical PR apprentice Ashleigh McLeod
Ashleigh McLeod
At the tail end of 2012 Stone Junction was banging its drums in search of a PR apprentice. We even met Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy who helped raise the profile of our search for a young and energetic apprentice.  

As of this week, Ashleigh McLeod is the new apprentice and fourth employee here at Stone Junction. She will be working and studying in accordance with the newly developed PRCA apprenticeship scheme.

Ashleigh, who will turn 19 next week, has A Levels in Creative Media and Fashion Production. She has previously worked in retail, the food and beverage industry and call centres; don’t worry, it was just for B&Q - she wont be trying to sell you PPI anytime soon!

Here’s what Ashleigh has to say about herself:

“As fashion has been an interest of mine for some time now, I've always enjoyed writing about it and following media responses and trends. I believe that my writing skills will come in very useful in my new role and can be successfully applied to technical copywriting.

“I’m also very enthusiastic about the many blog posts and press releases to come; I've always been very interested in learning more about the different PR tactics. From hard news press releases to articles and blogging, I hope I’ll master them all – with a little help of course.

“This is a great opportunity for a person of my age, to be part of this dynamic industry, even though I expect it to be extremely challenging at times. Although I have only been here only a few days, I have already met three of the company’s clients and a journalist.  Hopefully, I will be able to prove to graduates that there is an alternative route into employment, in the form of apprenticeship schemes.”

Should you wish to get in touch with Ashleigh, you can email her: ashleigh@stonejunction.co.uk or alternatively give her a call on 01785 225416.

Subscribe to Insights into PR and online marketing


Bookmark and Share

Ashleigh McLeod

Stone Junction is a cool technical PR agency based in Stafford. We work for all sorts of businesses, with a particular focus on technology, technical and engineering companies. We like being sent cake and biscuits by clients, journalists and prospects.

No comments: