|We are looking for a graduate. |
Not like this one though.
PR agency Stone Junction is currently seeking to recruit a graduate to join its team, based in Stafford. The new team member will work on behalf of a range of clients to generate press coverage in the trade, online, regional and national media.
Stone Junction also offers Blogging, social media and e-mail marketing services to clients as well as a range of complimentary services. The company specialises in providing these services to engineering, industrial and technical companies.The PR executive will contribute across the entire range of services.
“The work is likely to vary from day to day, depending on the area of PR activity and the client portfolio the recruit is working on,” explained managing director Richard Stone. “The key attribute is a positive, outgoing attitude, which is absolutely crucial.
“The objective of all this is to manage the client's reputation in such a way that it positively influences the position of their business across a range of functions, including sales, recruitment and the development of market value,” he concluded.
Typical activities for the recruit will inlcude:
• Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, via telephone and email
• Relationship building and networking with clients and the media
• Monitoring the media for rapid response opportunities for clients and clippings
• Preparing regular client reports and attending client and journalist meetings
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases, opinion articles, case studies, letters, white papers and other material
• Promoting news stories and features to the media, known as ‘selling in’
• Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
• Attending client events and promoting them to the media
• Assisting with the production of client publications, such as e-mail newsletters, Blogs and in-house magazines
• Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
• Devising and putting into practices sales promotion focussed tactics, such as colour separation campaigns, competitions and advertorials for clients
• Assisting with the promotion of Stone Junction, via Blogging, PR, e-mail marketing and SEO
• Providing SEO, social media and online marketing services for clients
Applicants are welcome from all humanities degrees, marketing and PR vocational degrees and engineering backgrounds. An understanding of mechanical or electrical engineering would be an advantage but isn't essential. Other key skills that will be required are:
• The ability to write compelling copy
• The ability to grasp technical arguments quickly
• The ability to form a rapport with client and journalists, face to face, over the phone and online
• Strong time management and communication
• And understanding of the online landscape in 2011
Subscribe to Insights into PR and online marketing