Social networking training sessions

Social media training as part of Technical PR, Engineering PR, Industrial PR, Manufacturing PR & Electronics PRThis morning I gave a presentation to a local business networking group about social networking. I discussed generating content to promote via social media, establishing social media profiles, automating social networking, generating contacts and actually using social media to network.

It got a great response but a lot of the people there said they wanted to know more than I could fit into the allotted ten minute slot. Then someone asked if I would consider running training sessions on the subject. The idea is that everyone would bring a laptop and we would run practical sessions as well as talking about the theory that underpins social networking.

This got me really excited; I love a new idea and this sounded like something I could run with. After all, products sell better if the audience asks you to make them to start out with!

So I will soon be running a pilot training course for the attendees of the (real life) networking session I visited this morning. Once this is complete, I will be rolling the project out to a wider audience. And this is where you come in, dear reader! If you would be interested in attending a training session, would like a bespoke session created just for your company or would just like a little more information on what the training events are going to cover, then get in touch.

PS – While we are discussing social networking, you might have spotted that LinkedIn has had a facelift today. If not, head on over to the site and have a look round. While you are there, invite me to connect (using the e-mail address richards@stonejunction.co.uk) and let me know what you think of the new look.

Subscribe to Insights into PR and online marketing

Bookmark and Share

Richard Stone

Stone Junction is a cool technical PR agency based in Stafford. We work for all sorts of businesses, with a particular focus on technology, technical and engineering companies. We like being sent cake and biscuits by clients, journalists and prospects.

No comments: